International Kite Festival in Jaipur 2021
About International Kite Festival in Jaipur
Time and Date of International Kite Festival 2021(Makar Sankranti) Jaipur
|Name of Festivals||Days||Date of Festivals|
|Makar Sankranti||Thursday||14 January 2021|
Significance of the Jaipur Kite Festival Festival
The Kite flying festival is widely known each year on Makar Sankranti, associate degreed there’s an age-long history behind this merriment. Winters create one’s body dry and dormant, and other people suffer from frequent bouts of cold and cough. The move of the sun towards Uttarayana is believed to start on Makar Sankranti. It’s celebrated with abundant enthusiasm as it’s rays facilitate heal the infections afflicted to an individual throughout winters. therefore the folks of Jaipur cheer over this movement of the sun from Sundhanu Rashi that’s the month marked by Sagittarius to the Capricorn month of Makara Rashi.
International Kite Festival in Jaipur 2021
(1) Rajasthan is one in all the foremost vivacious states of India, and its charm reaches up to the brim throughout the International kite competition in Jaipur. Celebrated per annum from 14th-16th of January; the competition witnesses large participation from voracious kite fliers.
(2) Folks from everywhere India travel the town to rejoice the fun and frolic of the kite competition. The three-day competition spills each color and thrill within the air of Jaipur.
(3) As Makar Sankranti could be a government vacation, the town celebrates the time without work throughout the competition as folks from completely different age teams interact themselves within the battle of kites.
(4) One will lead off the aura of youngsters running over the streets, children chasing kites and folks from their rooftops troubled to chop the opposite person’s kite. the complete town witnessed the flying of myriad kites with their completely different shapes and colors.
(5) The kites that are adorned with lights add additional brightness to the already lighted situation. folks cheer within the merrymaking of kite competition by either enjoying the entrancing spectacle of blue, green, yellow, purple and orange kites against the serene blue January sky or by zealously collaborating within the battle of kite flying.
(6) The competition provides a changeable read of the colorful art, culture, and heritage of Rajasthan. one in all the distinctive festivals in Rajasthan, the carnival is enjoyed equally by all the folks.
What are the Events in the International Kite Festival in Jaipur
The spirited Festival of kites is the cynosure of Jan in Jaipur.
Here’s a listing of things that create the Festival all the additional interesting:
(1) On the day of the celebration, People specific their reverence to the sun by taking a holy dip within the auspicious water of Galtaji. They pray to the sun to bestow them with a healthy life and an honest harvest.
(2) Together with the kite flying activities, folks of Jaipur conjointly relish the delicious delicacies ready particularly throughout this present day. These embrace the city’s notable herbaceous plant brittle and seeds ( Gajak and Til Ke Laddu respectively) and therefore the far-famed fiber sweet referred to as Feeny. therefore the delicious feast enhances the savory ambiance of Jaipur.
(3) Since the entire town immerses within the celebrations, the kite pageant majorly takes place within the Jaipur Polo Ground wherever it’s conjointly inaugurated. Besides, folks fly kites from their rooftops, from over the monuments, within the streets and forts like Nahargarh.
the govt. of Rajasthan organizes the 3 day Kite pageant in Jaipur. the entire town shuts down, outlets area unit closed, and banks don’t open on this present day, to celebrate the celebration.
(4) The feast is split into 2 components, particularly the Friendly Kite Flying session and therefore the event of Kite War. folks participate with associate degree gung ho spirit to win the prizes that area unit distributed on the Last Judgment of the pageant among the premises of Umaid Bhawan Palace.
Delicacies Food to Enjoy in Jaipur International Kite Festival (Makar Sankranti)
Not simply at the location of the Kite competition however all across the city, there’s associate degree surroundings of recreation, enthusiasm, and smart cheer. Sweet delicacies at ready and stalls are created all over. Even at the Polo Ground, you may notice varied stalls created mercantilism sweetmeats, snacks, and beverages together with Rajasthani specialties like Phirni, Daal ki pakodi, Til laddoo, etc.
Safety Concerns at the International Kite Festival in Jaipur
Besides the zeal and fervor of the big scale celebrations, the competition comes with its own set of disadvantages and hazards.
so as to win the competition, people tend to coat their strings (manjha) with metal or glass in order that they will simply weigh down different people’s kites. This string could be a deadly weapon, it’s extraordinarily skinny and is barely visible to the oculus.
As a result, many birds get caught and tangled within the glass or metal-coated manjha.
Besides inflicting severe infection and injuries to the birds, it cuts down their flight and sends them falling right to the bottom.
just in case these birds are lucky enough to not become the supper of the stray dogs, cats, and different pets, they die thanks to extreme infection and injury.
this can be one amongst the key issues at the competition and that they even have provision for a rescue van to tend to the fallen birds however despite that, many birds still die once a year.
And not simply birds, humans, and street animals have additionally fallen prey to the hazards of this deadly ‘manjha’.
once these kites return falling down, the sharp string typically gets connected to the rickshaws and youth subculture. It makes a pointy cut at the human skin and isn’t while risk.
Additionally thereto, many young kids particularly tiny children meet with accidents on the roads attempting to chase the falling kites or flying one amongst their own.
Typically they even fall off roof-tops, if they’re not too careful. we have a tendency to advise you to be further careful if you’re flying one amongst your own or if you’re collaborating within the competition.
Related Festivals in Jaipur: Teej Festival