Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur Timings
|Monday||6:00 am – 7:15 pm|
|Tuesday||6:00 am – 7:15 pm|
|Wednesday||6:00 am – 7:15 pm|
|Thursday||6:00 am – 7:15 pm|
|Friday||6:00 am – 7:15 pm|
|Saturday||6:00 am – 7:15 pm|
|Sunday||6:00 am – 7:15 pm|
- The temple remains open from sunrise in the morning till 1 hour after sunset in the evening.
- The temple remains open till 10 p.m. during Navratri.
- Morning Aarti: 8:30 and 9:00 am
- Evening Aarti is performed 20 minutes after sunset.
Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur Direction: Ramdevra, Osian, Jodhpur, Rajasthan, 342303, India
Jodhpur, often called the "Blue City" of India, is a treasure trove of history, culture, and spirituality. Sachiya Mata Temple, situated amidst the rugged terrain of Rajasthan, is a sacred place that beautifully encapsulates the rich heritage and deep spirituality of the region. This huge temple complex dedicated to Goddess Sachchiya Mata is not only a place of worship but also a testament to the architectural skill and religious zeal of the people of Jodhpur. In this comprehensive blog post, we will embark on a journey through time and explore the fascinating aspects of the Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur, highlighting its history, architecture, legends, and significance.
Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur History and Origin
Sachchiya Mata Temple is located in the small village of Osian, about 70 kilometers from Jodhpur city. Osian, often called the "Khajuraho of Rajasthan", is famous for its ancient temples, and the Sachchiya Mata Temple is the most prominent among them. The history of the temple dates back more than a thousand years, making it one of the oldest temples in the region.
The origins of the temple are shrouded in myth and legends, as is often the case with ancient Indian temples. According to local folklore, the temple was built by the rulers of the Paramara dynasty in the 8th century. However, it was during the reign of the Gurjara Pratihara dynasty that the temple gained prominence and underwent significant renovation.
One of the most notable features of the temple is its architectural style, which is a blend of various influences including Gurjara, Rajput, and Jain styles. This blend of architectural traditions reflects the multicultural history of the region and the temple's ability to transcend religious boundaries.
Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur Architectural Marvel
Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur is a visual delight with its intricate architecture and stunning carvings. It is constructed using red sandstone, which gives it a warm and captivating color. The temple complex is designed in the Panchayatana style, with a central temple surrounded by four smaller temples at the corners of a square platform. This architectural style is characteristic of many ancient Indian temples and symbolizes the five elements of nature: earth, water, fire, air, and sky.
The central temple dedicated to Goddess Sachchiya Mata is the main attraction of the temple complex. It has a sanctum sanctorum (sanctum sanctorum) with an elaborately carved shikara (tower). The Shikara is adorned with intricate sculptures and ornate details that showcase the artistic talent of the artisans of that time.
The outer walls of the temple are adorned with beautifully carved panels depicting various mythological and religious scenes. These carvings are not only aesthetically pleasing but also serve as visual depictions of Hindu mythology, making the temple an open-air museum of sorts.
Another notable feature of the temple is its 16 intricately carved pillars, each of which is a masterpiece in itself. These pillars, known as mandapas, provide shelter to pilgrims and visitors and are adorned with exquisite carvings of deities, divine beings, and intricate geometric patterns.
Legends and Mythology of Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur
Like many ancient temples of India, the Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur is steeped in mythology and legends which further adds to its mystique. This temple is dedicated to Goddess Sachchiya Mata, who is considered to be the embodiment of the divine feminine energy, Shakti. According to local legends, the goddess Sachiya is believed to have emerged from the earth to save the people of Osian from the ravages of drought and famine (hence the name Sachiya, meaning "rising").
A popular legend associated with the temple is the story of a king named Upaladeva, who received a divine vision of the goddess and instructed him to build a temple in her honor. It is said that the king, inspired by his unwavering faith and devotion, started the construction of the temple, which later became the grand structure that we see today.
Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur Religious significance
Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur holds immense religious significance for the people of Rajasthan and devotees from all over India. It is a place of worship, pilgrimage, and spiritual solace. The temple attracts a large number of visitors during Navratri, a nine-day festival dedicated to Goddess Durga, of which Sachiya Mata is considered an aspect.
During Navratri, the temple is decorated with vibrant decorations, and special pujas and rituals are performed. Devotees come to the temple to seek the blessings of the goddess and offer prayers and offerings. During this time the atmosphere becomes devotional and the melodious sound of bhajans echoes in the atmosphere.
Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur Ocean Experience
While the Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur is undoubtedly the centerpiece of Osian, the village itself offers a unique experience for travelers. Osian is often called the "Khajuraho of Rajasthan" because of its complex of intricately carved temples, including the Sun Temple, the Mahavir Temple, and the Harihar Temple. Each of these temples exhibits extraordinary craftsmanship and architectural brilliance.
Osian is also known for its camel safaris, which provide an opportunity to explore the desert landscape and experience the vibrant culture of Rajasthan. The village's rustic charm, narrow streets, and friendly locals make it a must-visit place for those seeking an authentic Rajasthani experience.
Conservation and protection efforts
The historical and cultural importance of the Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur has inspired various conservation and preservation efforts. The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has declared the temple complex a protected monument, ensuring its maintenance and restoration.
Local communities have also played an important role in the conservation of the temple and its surroundings. They actively participate in the maintenance of the temple and its traditions, ensuring that this sacred site continues to flourish for generations to come.
Places to visit near Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur
While visiting Sachchiya Mata Temple in Osian, Jodhpur, you will get the opportunity to explore some other nearby attractions that showcase the rich history and culture of Rajasthan. Here are some of the places to visit near Sachchiya Mata Temple:
- Temples of Osian: Osian is often called the "Khajuraho of Rajasthan" because of its group of intricately carved temples. These temples, including the Sun Temple, Mahavir Temple, and Harihar Temple, are must-sees for their excellent architecture and historical importance.
- Karni Mata Temple, Deshnoke: Located about 200 km from Sachchiya Mata Temple, Karni Mata Temple is famous for its resident rats, which are considered sacred by the local people. It is a unique and interesting place to visit.
- Mehrangarh Fort, Jodhpur: About 70 kilometers away in Jodhpur, Mehrangarh Fort is one of the largest forts in India and a major attraction of the city. It offers panoramic views of Jodhpur and also houses a museum with an impressive collection of artifacts.
- Jaswant Thada, Jodhpur: Located near Mehrangarh Fort, Jaswant Thada is a beautiful marble monument built in memory of Maharaja Jaswant Singh II. It is known for its intricate architecture and serene environment.
- Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur: This grand palace is a marvel of Indo-Colonial and Art Deco architecture. Although staying there may be out of the budget for most people, you can still visit its museum and see the lush gardens of the palace.
- Mandore Gardens, Jodhpur: These gardens contain many temples, monuments, and memorials to Rajput heroes. The architecture and lush greenery make it a pleasant place to visit.
- Balsamand Lake and Palace, Jodhpur: Located about 75 kilometers from Osian, this picturesque lake and palace offers a serene escape from the hustle and bustle. You can take a stroll around the lake and explore the architecture of the palace.
- Sardar Samand Lake and Palace, Jodhpur: This is another beautiful lake and palace complex located about 80 kilometers from Osian. It is known for its bird-watching opportunities and beautiful surroundings.
- Khimsar Fort and Village, Khimsar: About 90 km from Osian, Khimsar Fort is a heritage hotel that provides a glimpse of the royal history of Rajasthan. The surrounding villages are known for their rural charm and traditional lifestyle.
- Nagaur Fort, Nagaur: Located about 130 km from Osian, Nagaur Fort is a historical fort with impressive architecture and rich history. This is a lesser-seen gem that is worth seeking out.
These attractions offer a wide variety of experiences from exploring ancient temples and forts to enjoying the serene beauty of lakes and palaces. While the Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur is undoubtedly a highlight, taking time out to visit these nearby places will enrich your overall experience of Rajasthan's heritage and culture.
Restaurants near Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur
While visiting Sachchiya Mata Temple Jodhpur, you will get the opportunity to visit some local restaurants that offer traditional Rajasthani cuisine and other Indian dishes. There are some restaurants near Sachchiya Mata Temple where you can enjoy delicious food:
- Ocean Dunes Resort and Camp: Located near the temple, this resort offers a dining experience amidst the desert. You can taste Rajasthani cuisine in a traditional setting while enjoying cultural performances.
- Shri Dariyav Restaurant: This is a popular place for Rajasthani thali, which usually includes a variety of dishes like Dal Baati Churma, Gatte Ki Sabzi, and more. This is a great place to try authentic Rajasthani flavors.
- Hotel Vishnu Priya: Known for its North Indian and Rajasthani cuisine, this restaurant is a good choice for those looking for a mix of traditional and North Indian cuisine.
- Purohit Restaurant: Purohit Restaurant offers a range of vegetarian dishes including local specialties. The welcoming atmosphere of the restaurant makes it a good place to relax and enjoy a meal.
- Mystic Ocean Restaurant: This restaurant serves a variety of Indian cuisine, including Rajasthani and North Indian cuisine. The rooftop seating area offers a pleasant ambiance.
- Janta Restaurant: A simple and popular choice for those looking for vegetarian Indian food. They serve fresh and delicious dishes.
- Janata Sweet House: If you are fond of eating sweets then do not forget to try the sweets and desserts here. They are known for their delicious sweets and snacks.
- Hotel Rains: This restaurant is known for its affordable yet delicious vegetarian food. It is a good option for a quick bite.
- Rasoi Restaurant: A simple and budget-friendly restaurant that serves a variety of North Indian and Rajasthani cuisine.
- Bikaner Mishthan Bhandar: This is a sweet shop and restaurant where you can taste traditional Rajasthani snacks and sweets along with some light meals.
Please note that the availability and quality of these restaurants can vary, so it is a good idea to check recent reviews and ask for recommendations from locals when you visit Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur. Additionally, some of these restaurants may serve primarily vegetarian dishes, as Rajasthan has a strong tradition of vegetarian food. Enjoy your culinary journey in Jodhpur!
Hotels near Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur
Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur, is surrounded by a relatively rural area, and you won't find many luxury hotels in the vicinity. However, there are some options for accommodation in nearby towns and cities, such as Jodhpur, which is about 70 kilometers away. Here are some hotels in and around Jodhpur where you can stay while visiting Sachchia Mata Temple:
Hotels in Jodhpur (about 70 km from Sachchia Mata Temple):
- Umaid Bhawan Palace: This luxurious palace hotel is one of the most iconic landmarks of Jodhpur. It offers a royal experience with world-class amenities and stunning architecture.
- Taj Hari Mahal: A property of the Taj Group, this hotel blends traditional Rajasthani charm with modern comfort. It is known for its beautiful gardens and well-furnished rooms.
- Vivanta by Taj – Suryagarh: This luxurious hotel offers a serene and luxurious stay experience with top-notch amenities and a picturesque location.
- Ras Jodhpur: Located near Mehrangarh Fort, this boutique hotel offers a blend of modern design and Rajasthani architecture. The rooftop restaurant offers spectacular views.
- Ajit Bhawan Palace: Known as India's first heritage hotel, Ajit Bhawan Palace offers a royal feel with its well-preserved historical charm.
- Fort Chanwa Luni: Located in the nearby village of Luni, this heritage hotel is a restored fort and offers a unique and peaceful stay experience.
Hotels in Osian (Near Sachchiya Mata Temple):
- Ocean Sand Dunes Resort and Camp: This resort offers comfortable accommodation options and a desert camping experience near Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur.
- Camp Thar: Another desert camping option, Camp Thar offers a unique experience in the sand dunes near Osian.
- Regimental Desert Experience Camp: This camp provides comfortable tents and an opportunity to experience the natural beauty of the desert.
- Garh Mohar Desert Camp: Located in Osian, this camp offers a rustic and authentic desert experience with comfortable accommodations.
Although there are limited accommodation options near Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur, these suggestions in Jodhpur and Osian will provide you with a range of options to suit your preferences and budget. Keep in mind that it's a good idea to book your accommodation in advance, especially during peak tourist season in Rajasthan.
How to Reach Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur
Reaching Sachchiya Mata Temple Jodhpur is a relatively simple journey, as it is a famous pilgrimage site and tourist destination in Rajasthan. The way to reach Sachchiya Mata Temple Jodhpur is as follows:
From Jodhpur: Sachchiya Mata Temple is about 70 kilometers from Jodhpur. The most common way to reach the temple is by road. You can hire a taxi or take a private car from Jodhpur to Osian. The journey usually takes around 1.5 to 2 hours depending on road conditions and traffic.
By Bus: Government and private buses also run between Jodhpur and Osian. You can check the bus schedule and availability at Jodhpur Bus Station. Bus travel may take a little longer than car travel but is a cost-effective option.
From Jodhpur: Although there is no direct train service to Osian, you can take a train to Jodhpur Junction, which is well connected to major cities of India. From Jodhpur, you can hire a taxi or take a local bus to Osian, which is about 70 kilometers away.
By Jodhpur Airport: Jodhpur has its own domestic airport, Jodhpur Airport (JDH), which is well connected to major cities of India. After reaching the airport, you can hire a taxi or take a private car to reach Sachchiya Mata Temple Jodhpur, which is about 70 kilometers away.
Once you reach Osian, it is relatively easy to reach Sachchiya Mata Temple Jodhpur as it is a major landmark of the village. If the temple is nearby then you can either go on foot, or you can hire an auto-rickshaw or local taxi to reach the temple.
- It's a good idea to check local bus schedules, especially if you're planning to travel by bus, as they can vary depending on the time of year and demand.
- Ossia can be quite hot during the day, so be sure to carry plenty of water, wear comfortable clothing, and use sunscreen.
- Sachchiya Mata Temple is a religious place, so dress decently and respectfully while visiting. It is advisable to cover your shoulders and wear conservative clothing.
- The temple can be crowded during festivals and special occasions, so if you prefer a quieter experience then plan your visit accordingly.
Overall, reaching Sachchia Mata Temple in Jodhpur is a rewarding trip, as it allows you to explore the rich cultural heritage of Rajasthan and experience the peace and spirituality of this historical site.
Conclusion on Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur
Sachchiya Mata Temple at Osian, Jodhpur is a testament to the enduring legacy of Rajasthan's rich cultural heritage and spiritual traditions. Its ancient origins, exquisite architecture, and deep religious significance make it a jewel in the crown of Rajasthan's historical and architectural treasures.
Visiting the Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur is not only a journey through time but also a deeply spiritual experience that allows one to connect with the divine and appreciate the artistic genius of ancient India. It is a reminder of the enduring power of faith and architecture's ability to transcend generations and inspire awe.
Whether you are a history enthusiast, a spiritual seeker, or simply a traveler in search of the extraordinary, Sachchia Mata Temple in Jodhpur is a destination that promises a unique blend of history, culture, and spirituality. It inspires you to explore its sacred halls, soak in its atmosphere, and connect with the mystery of Rajasthan's glorious past.
Note*: All the above information on Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur is gathered from different sources of the internet for Providing information to the visitors. Prices may be different or changed by the Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur owner. Please check the prices of Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur earlier than traveling or Booking. Jaipurchalo does not guarantee expenses or the availability of Entry fees. The list of photographs proven On this page of Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur has been digitized through Jaipurchalo. Visitors are free to download The Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur images and save these images, but no longer use these digital documents (watermarked by the Jaipurchalo logo) for any business purpose, except with prior written permission of Jaipurchalo.
If you like this article on Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur then share it with your friends and family members to appreciate our works and help others.
Sachiya Mata Temple Jodhpur – timings, entry fees, address 0 reviewsWrite Your Review
There are no reviews yet.