CITY PALACE FORT
About City Palace Fort
The city palace fort was built by Raja Sawai Jai Singh2 at the same time the city of Jaipur, in 1727. The city palace was the ceremonial and administrative seat of Jaipur’s Maharajas. The palace was the sponsor of commerce and industry. Now, it consists of a museum of maharaja Sawai Maan Singh2. It is built by the royal family of Jaipur. The royal family (rajpariwaar) of Jaipur was called as belongings of Lord Rama. The fort comprises many buildings, galleries, and offices of the trust of the museum. Most visited buildings and structures of this palace are Chandra Mahal, Mubarak Mahal, Shree Govind Dev temple and city palace museum. The trust of Maharaja Sawai Maan Singh takes care of the museum. The city palace fort is located in the middle of the old city of Jaipur. It occupies seven old cities of Jaipur.
Means of transport to reach the fort are easily available from the city of Jaipur.
A hunting lodge was situated at the site of the palace which is surrounded by rocky hill range, five-mile south of Amber city.
The history of Jaipur and it’s emperor is linked with each other, which begins from maharaja Sawai Maan Singh2 who ruled from 1699 to 1744. He moved his capital amber to Jaipur due to increasing population and scarcity of water in Amber, in 1727.
1) Opening and Closing time of City Palace Fort
Public visiting hours for the fort is 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
2) Entry fee in City Palace Fort
Entry fee for Indian is INR 200 and INR 500 for foreigners. And 2500rs for whole area of the palace.Maximum visiting hours for individual is 2 hrs.
3) How to reach City Palace Fort
(1) Sindhi Camp Bus Stand (2.9 kms via Chandpole Bazar Road)
(2) Durgapura Railway Station (11.2 kms via Bhagwan Das Road)
(3) Gandhi Nagar Railway Station (7.9 kms via Bhagwan Das Road)
(4) Jaipur Railway Station (5.3 kms via Amer Road)
(5) Jaipur International Airport (22.2 kms via Chandpole Bazar Road)
4) Parking near City Palace Fort
The City Palace Fort has sufficient Parking for vehicles and bicycles. Discovering paid parking is extremely simple you can find beside fort or on the front gate of fort. Otherwise you can find the free parking near Amer Fort Jaipur.